National Test Excellence Awards
The SASTQB National Test Excellence awards are presented to individuals and teams who have made a significant contribution to the field of software testing in South Africa. These awards seek to recognise both passion and skill. Individuals and teams are nominated by their peers and winners are selected by the conference committee.
The SASTQB National Tester Excellence Award
The SASTQB wants to recognition outstanding software testing practitioners in Africa. We invite African citizens and local companies to nominate individuals who have made significant contributions in the field of software testing in Africa.
The SASTQB National Test Team Excellence Award
The SASTQB wants to recognition outstanding software testing teams in Africa. We invite African citizens and local companies to nominate teams who have made significant contributions in the field of software testing in Africa.
Closing date: 10 September 2018
The following tasks performed by an individual tester or a test team will qualify to be nominated for the award.
- Implementing a test automation framework to enhance testing timelines on a project.
- Establishing a testing process e.g. defect management process.
- Supporting best practices as defined in the ISTQB syllabi e.g. risk-based testing.
- Roll out IEEE 829 test documentation standard to improve the testing services within an organization.
- Improve testing reports for better communication on testing results.
- Documenting test conditions by using test design techniques as specified by the ISTQB framework for review by other stakeholders.
- Establishing continuous integration activities on Agile projects.
- Contribute to building awareness for quality and the importance of software testing in the ICT industry.
- Making a significant contribution to the successful delivery of a project within time and budget and with an acceptable level of quality with a specific focus on software testing.
- Improving test effectiveness (finding defects early in the life cycle) and efficiency (no waste).
- Nominations for the SASTQB Excellence Awards may be submitted by anyone, with the exception of Award Panel members.
- Nominees may be private individuals, teams, Institutions, companies or organisations.
- Nomination proposals must be submitted by completing the SASTQB Awards Nomination Form.
- Anonymous and self-nomination proposals will not be accepted.
- To be considered by the Award Panel for the current year’s vote, the proposal must be submitted by the communicated deadline.
Q: How is the winner/s chosen?
A: The Award Panel will review all nominations submitted before the deadline. The winners in each category will be decided by means of a voting process.
Q: Is there a deadline for submissions?
A: All nominations much reach the SASTQB on or before the deadline as communicated.
Q: What does the award include for the winner/s?
A: The award includes a prize, a trophy as well as national recognition and a floating trophy for the Team award.
Q: What is the Excellence Award?
A: The SASTQB Excellence Award is an annual prize award to a person or team who has made an outstanding contribution to the South African industry.
Q: What are the main criteria for the award?
A: The potential winner is a person and/or team who has made considerable contribution in the field of software testing. Refer to the qualification criteria.
Q: Who are the panel members?
A: The current TEST-IT Conference Committee adjudicates the Excellence Awards.
Q: Who can submit a proposal for the award?
A: Anyone except a member of the Award Panel can submit a proposal.
Q: Who can win the award?
A: The SASTQB Excellence Award can be won by a person or a team. Members of the Award Panel cannot be nominated as possible winners.